I’ve made this salmon dip periodically for a few years. The original recipe came from one of Jane Brody’s books. Some minor adjustments were made and here’s what we generally use.
Salmon Black Bean Dip
- 2 – 6 oz. packages of salmon (I use Chicken of the Sea wild caught salmon)
- 2 Tbsp. minced celery (I used 1 stalk and it probably gave closer to 3 Tbsp)
- 2 Tbsp. minced red onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 – 1 tsp. lime zest
- 3 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 2 – 15 oz cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped cilantro or parsley
- Put salmon in large bowl and use a fork to flake.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Put in refrigerator for 1-2 hours to meld flavors.
- Serve with tortilla chips (a mix of blue and regular is eye appealing), pita chips, or crackers.
This is a nice dip to bring to a party as an hors d’oeuvre. We will also eat it as a light supper.