I got the recommend of this recipe from my sister who found it on Heidi Swanson’s 101cookbooks.com web site. Made a few changes such as more beans and less olive oil… upped the garlic and rosemary also. It is an awesome recipe!!
White Bean Dip
- 2 – 15 oz. cans white beans (I’ve used Cannellini & Great Northern) or cook the dry beans and use 3 1/2 cups of cooked beans.
- 1 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 4-6 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tsp. fresh rosemary, minced
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 5 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 – 3/4 cup water
Put it Together:
- In small saucepan, heat olive oil and add rosemary and garlic. Cook on low sizzle for 2-3 minutes and then remove from heat and let steep for 15 minutes. Pour through a strainer and set aside the olive oil.
- Rinse beans and put in medium size bowl.
- Add approximately 2/3 of the almonds to the beans along with the lemon juice, salt, 1/4 cup water and 4 Tbsp. Olive Oil.
- Puree the bean mixture adding additional water as needed to make a creamy paste to your desired consistency.
- Put the bean mixture in a serving dish (I use an oval shaped dish). Drizzle the remaining olive oil over the top, add the lemon zest and the remaining toasted almonds.
- Serve with whole grain crackers, pita crackers, or veggies and enjoy!