I really like cabbage, but don’t think to cook it as often as I should as it’s so good for you with all sorts of antioxidants and cancer fighting substances. I also like it raw as in coleslaw, but when fall and winter are here, cooked cabbage is always a nice addition to the meal. Here’s what I like to make (Note to self: Make it more often!). My husband thought it was awesome, so the recipe will stay in the “list of things to make.”
- 1 small head of cabbage, chopped (around 4-5 cups)
- 2-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. fresh ground pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
Put it Together:
- Melt butter and add olive oil to large skillet
- Add garlic and saute briefly
- Add cabbage, salt & pepper and saute 5 minutes, stirring often
- Add the broth, bring to just boiling, cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove cover and simmer an additional 10 minutes or until done, stirring often.
- Season with additional salt & pepper if desired. Enjoy!