Broccoli is probably one of the more popular cruciferous vegetables being touted for its health benefits… but there are numerous other ones. Brussels sprouts is a favorite around here…. and our most favorite way of preparing it is to roast it. My mother used to harvest brussels sprouts from our garden after the first frost and prepare them by boiling and serving with butter. I always liked this, but roasting takes it to a new level.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- 1-2 lbs. fresh brussels sprouts
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. Maldon Salt (you can use any salt (regular or sea salt), but Maldon Salt adds a nice dimension to this dish
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
Put it Together:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Clean brussels sprouts – cut ends off, halve, and rinse in water, removing any leaves that are damaged or wilted. Drain.
- Combine brussels sprouts and olive oil in a 13 x 9 inch cake pan. Add salt and lightly mix.
- Roast brussels sprouts in oven 30-40 minutes or until lightly browned. Toss a few times to mix during roasting time. Season with pepper and additional salt if desired.
- Serve and enjoy!!